Geert Wilts joined Van Oosten Schulz De Korte Advocaten’s civil litigation practice in April 2018. He previously worked at Eversheds Sutherland in Amsterdam. Geert studied at the University of Groningen. He holds a master’s degree in Dutch law, with specialisations in Private Law and Company Law, as well as a master’s degree in Notarial Law.
Geert is a member of the Corporate Litigation Association.
- a number of Gazprom group entities in three urgent relief proceedings against the Ukrainian gas company Naftogaz and relating to pre-judgment attachments to enforce a Swedish SCC arbitral award with an interest in excess of USD 2.6 billion
- Court of Appeal in The Hague orders disclosure of Kroll report into fraud at PrivatBank, Practical Law UK, 31 March 2020. Reproduced from Practical Law Arbitration with the permission of the publishers. For further information visit www.practicallaw.com
- Court of Appeal in The Hague overturns District Court decision and revives Yukos awards, Practical Law UK, 26 February 2020. Reproduced from Practical Law Arbitration with the permission of the publishers. For further information visit www.practicallaw.com.
- Dutch court sets aside ICC award holding that underlying agreement was influenced by corruption (Court of Appeal in The Hague), Practical Law UK, 13 November 2019. Reproduced from Practical Law Arbitration with the permission of the publishers. For further information visit www.practicallaw.com
- Dutch court refuses Russia’s request to suspend enforcement of BIT awards in favour of investors in Crimea (Court of Appeal in The Hague), Practical Law UK, 19 June 2019
- Dutch Supreme Court upholds interim and partial final arbitral awards in Chevron-Ecuador saga, Practical Law UK, 24 April 2019
- Amsterdam Appeal Court: appeal courts competent to rule on requests for enforcement of foreign arbitral awards, Practical Law UK, 12 December 2018
- Revised Netherlands draft model BIT presented to Dutch Parliament, Practical Law UK, 7 November 2018
- Court allows Russia’s unclean hands argument against former Yukos shareholders, Practical Law UK, 3 October 2018
- Court assumes jurisdiction despite arbitration clause in Petrobas’ articles of association, Practical Law UK, 26 September 2018
- Dutch Supreme Court refuses recognition and enforcement of revised arbitral award, Practical Law UK, 18 June 2018
- Dutchcourt lifts pre-judgment attachments after ICC Emergency Arbitrator makes USD 187.5 million escrow order, Practical Law UK, 11 April 2018
Dutch Corporate Litigation Association
Geert Wilts has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister):
- Civil procedural law
Based on this registration, he/she is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
+31(0)6 13 80 30 49/ Tel. +31(0)20 60 60 680