The term ‘corporate litigation’ includes proceedings to resolve disputes concerning the inner workings of a company. This may concern disputes between shareholders (that can lead to enquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal), disputes before or after an M&A-transaction, liability of directors or supervisory board members, liability within a group of companies, proceedings to squeeze out minority shareholders, class actions, prospectus liability, and disputes arising out of financing and restructuring and disputes concerning the duty of care of banks.
We have acted for:
- NIBC in a dispute with the majority shareholder of Olympia Flexgroup following the bankruptcy of the German publicly traded company Olympia Flexgroup
- Rabobank in proceedings against the insurer Provimi concerning the duty of care of the bank in connection with a fraud by an employee of Provimi causing damages in excess of EUR 27 million
- Summa Group in urgent relief proceedings before the Amsterdam District Court and Court of Appeal in connection with the intended sale by the Russian publicly traded logistics company Transcontainer of a stake in a Kazakh transportation company with a value in excess of USD 60 million
- the largest Czech oil and gas company MND in proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal regarding a dispute with its Russian joint venture partners over an alleged duty to invest in an exploration project in Russia
- the Singapore company Sembcorp in proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal regarding a battle to take over Cascal N.V.
- TNT in proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal regarding a dispute with a value of more than EUR 103 million against the manager of a venture capital fund over the strategy for further financing
- a publicly traded geotech company in a mediation against the seller of an international group of companies and regarding the write off of R&D cost
- Citibank in indemnification proceedings concerning a dispute over directors liability with a value of approximately EUR 200 million between the bankruptcy trustees of Ceteco and directors of Ceteco
- Gilde in a dispute with the management of one of its companies regarding the proceeds of a sale
- CVC Capital Partners in proceedings initiated by the minority shareholders of Schuitema (including VEB) regarding the fairness of a take over bid price
- a consortium that has aquired over VNU N.V. in a public offer in proceedings to force the minority shareholders which refused the public offer to sell their shares